Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sound the Trumpets!

A few years ago (five?), in trying to make my yard hummingbird-friendly, I planted a trumpet vine. It grew and grew, but did not flower. Given that I had read while researching this plant statements like e.g.,
In Michael Dirr's book Manual of Woody Landscape Plants he describes trumpet vine: "If you can not grow this, give up gardening; grows in any soil and also prospers in sidewalk cracks".
(here and you will find similar statements elsewhere on the web), you can imagine my relief that my gardening career need not be over, when today I saw these. Plain things, but a god-send! :)

IMG_0673

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice testimony, finally, from mother nature.:)

Anonymous said...

mubaraqaan mubarqaan :) hehehe may ur gardening career prosper as much as my photography career hehehehe just kidding.

Bhaanji